BECOME PART OF THE Club
In 2002, a group of friends with a love of trains got together to what eventually would become the Western New York Garden Railway Society (WNYGRS). Over the years we have now grown in size and hold, host and participate in a number of seasonal & annual displays in the Western New York and Southern Ontario Regions. We meet monthly to share tips and programs on topics such as building models, care and upgrading of engines and rolling stock, layout construction, modification, operations and control, etc. One day maybe YOU can use these ideas and new skills to create your own garden railroad! We want to share the enjoyment of garden railroading, promotion of the hobby, building & operation of garden railroad layouts, for both the Club Members’ pleasure and enhanced knowledge, as well as to educate the general public about "railroading", and garden railroading in particular. Please feel free to attend one of our meetings or events, and speak directly with the members themselves regarding our modeling interests and available opportunities!
Regular meetings are currently held on a monthly basis at a Meeting Hall, Garden RR Open House, Railroad-Related / Historical Destination or an individual Member’s Residence, depending on the venue. A portion of the meeting usually consists of a program (e.g. a demonstration of modeling techniques, a railroad-related informational presentation, etc.), along with upcoming display, business and event planning segments.
Events and Activities:
- Several “Open House” events at a participating Member's individual layout are held during the summer months.
- Annual Holiday & Summer Displays at the Buffalo & Erie County Botanical Gardens. (2006 - present).
- Annual construction & operation of a major garden railroad layout display at the Erie County Fair (2007 - present).
- Participation at local & regional train shows through both operating layouts and/or informational displays.
- Occasional layout displays at local community events and Shopping Centers/Malls throughout WNY.
Submit a completed current application to the Club Secretary.
Attendance at two (2) club events (e.g. Meetings, Open Houses or Displays), prior to formal club acceptance.
Payment of one (1) time Initiation Fee & Annual Club Dues.
Types of Memberships Available:
For More Information Please Contact our Club SecretarY:
Email: email@example.com Phone: (716-548-3117) US Mail: WNYGRS, P.O. Box 1054, Buffalo, NY14224